quote

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Plutarch

Saturday, October 7, 2017

strathmore visual journal... my new companion


Hello frnds,

today I am going to write about my new outdoor companion.

since last year I get a little time to spend with myself as my daughter started going to the playschool for 2 hrs.

I wanted to paint so badly that I thought I should utilize those spare time doing some sketch works on daily basis.

I tried to work with acrylic painting but it didn't worked out properly because I was always getting distracted by some or the other reasons.

I was desperate as its absolutely frustrating for me of not able to do painting the way I want to.

I was nearly broken when the idea of quick sketches strike me.

Visual journaling and sketching outdoor.

. I always liked the idea, as you can see in my previous blogs. I thought it would be great if I start with this concept once again as I have a little time for myself.

I started keeping a sketchbook handy with me with some pigma micron pens. I carried them always whenever I am outdoor.. anywhere and everywhere from children  playground to shopping malls ..

I must say I enjoying draeing people and places.

my sketchbooks varied from the local brand Brustro to Strathmore visual journals.

today I would like to review about my experiences with Strathmore visual journal and cotman portable travel set.


as you can see .. this journal is definitely well travelled .. hence it looks rustic and torn

here I must mention the details.

Visual journal- Starthmore
140 lb ( 300 gsm) watercolor paper
cold pressed
22 sheets - 44 pages
size: 5.5 in X 8 In (14 cm X 20.3 Cm)
Acid free wire bound
lie flat and open 360 degrees
page color- white

 It is compatible with

  • graphic pencils
  • Pen and Ink
  • color pencils
  • charcoal
  • markers
  • soft pastels
  • oil pastels
  • watercolor pencils
  • watercolor
  • acrylic
  • collage
  • gouache

now here is my own experience

just loved this sketchbook. as it is very compact and can be fit into a snall sling bag along with compact watercolor set and pens

love the texture of the paper.

I mostly used my cotman travel set and pigma micron pens

here are my sketches as a specimen of my visual review of this excellent sketchbook









these are some of my sketches with cotman watercolor set...

I am in love with watercolor sketches...




1 comment:

  1. Deboshree, I just saw your painting named mystic boat and I am in love. Ping me: suchandra.ch@gmail.com or Instagram: moonstruck89

    ReplyDelete